Pediatric Discussion Forum
What is the HGF-PEDS Discussion Forum?
This Discussion Forum is a Listserv(tm) e-mail “distribution list” owned and operated by L-Soft International, which provides near real-time communications between its members. The messages of each member of the Forum are distributed by e-mail to all other members, each of whom can respond and cross-respond with all othesr. HGF provides this activity for the parents of children who are HGF members and trial Forum members. This Discussion Forum is an activity for members of HGF who have a child with a disorder of growth or growth hormone; and/or an interest in disorders of human growth and/or growth hormone in children.
What is the purpose of the HGF-PEDS Discussion Forum?
Forum members give and receive support; discuss issues; exchange ideas, information, news, and comments; and discuss their concerns, fears, and methods of coping with disorders of growth and/or growth hormone, including various replacement therapies. This Forum is NOT to be used to discuss drug therapy outside the indications set by the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), or off-label use that does not conform to generally accepted medical practice.
What kind of information can I expect to find here?
Expect to find lots of “real world” accounts concerning growth and growth disorders. Forum members sometimes report about research, but posting hard scientific information is not the only purpose of the list. We exchange information conerning almost every aspect of growth and growth disorders in children. If you have a question, please post it. No question is insignificant. You will probably receive answers from several people. Please remember, however, that you still need to discuss your child’s Deficiency with his/her health care professional. All information posted to the Forum represent the views of the poster; and, NOT that of Human Growth Foundation.
How do I join the Pediatric Discussion Forum?
1. Use this hyperlink (in green) to create a new e-mail message to send to the Pediatric Discussion Forum.
2. Leave the subject line blank.
3. In the text area of the message, type the following command: SUB HGF-PEDS [your name], without punctuation marks as in: SUB HGF-PEDS Joe Smith.
4. Send the message. If you have problems, contact the Discussion Forum Administrator.
5. The Discussion Forum Administrator will (1) contact you and ask you a few questions; (2) send you information on how the Forum works, and introductory information concerning disorders of growth or growth hormone; and (3) subscribe you to the Forum.
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please read and save the introductory Forum administrative messages and the messages on disorders of growth or growth hormone that you receive when you first join the Forum before posting messages to the Forum.